Arnold Schwarzenegger on Diet
Eating is at the core of bodybuilding principles. Many have asked Arnold what the best way to gain weight is. His reply is usually proper nutrition along with intensive training.
Bulking up is a sure way of gaining mass, but by simply keeping fat content low and recording what you consume in a food log, one can gain, according to him, 12 pounds of pure muscles mass each year until they reach their body-size limit.
Arnold Schwarzenegger Bodybuilding Diet Tips
For those who have a hard time gaining weight, Arnold advises that they should:
- Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day
- Eat carbs half an hour after exercising
- Rest at least 3 days a week
- Sleep 8 or more hours a day
- Eat 30 to 50 grams of protein with each meal every 3 hours
- Not avoid unsaturated fats because they raise hormone levels
- Eat between 60 and 100 grams of carbs per day
- Eat no more than 3 eggs a day
- Substitute beef and pork with chicken and fish
- Avoid sugar — it contains empty calories; eat fruits and vegetables for carbs instead
- Use supplements and protein shakes to get the required daily amount of protein